Minimum Admissions requirements for the MA in Eurasian Studies:
- Undergraduate degree (any discipline).
- Minimum CGPA of 2.75 of 4.0.
- Minimum IELTS score of not less than 7.0, with no sub-score lower than 6.0, for admission, or the equivalent on the TOEFL examination
IELTS is not required from the following:
- Candidates who can demonstrate native competence in English
- Candidates who have graduated from an English-medium institution of Higher Education in an English-speaking country.
- Graduates of Nazarbayev University.
Applicants with IELTS 6.5 or equivalent TOEFL may be admitted conditionally in exceptional circumstances only, and must pass IELTS at the required level in their first semester.
How to Apply to the MA in Eurasian Studies
Please submit the following documents online:
- Application form available online at http://admissions.nu.edu.kz/
- Personal essay explaining your motivation for applying
- Three confidential letters of recommendation
- Notarized copy of Bachelor’s degree diploma with transcript(s)
- Notarized copy of main page of passport or identity card
- Valid GRE test report (only if available, not required)
- Language proficiency test reports (IELTS or TOEFL) valid as of the date of application (for non-native English speakers)